четверг, 28 апреля 2011 г.

Lykke Li's 'Meltdown' Led to Axed Gigs - Spinner

Rob Verhorst, Redferns

Swedish indie-pop songstressLykke Liis having a bit of trouble these days after suffering a"meltdown"while on tour. As Spinnerpreviously reported, Li canceled a series of European shows due to a back injury, but as she admitted on herwebsite, the injury may have stemmed from a minor mental breakdown.

"I had some kind of complete meltdown on Marks&Spencer in Glasgow on one of those very rare days off while on route,"she wrote."I was standing at an isle contemplating life and death and the struggles of being an artist/soul/woman/human being when the overbearingness sneaked up on me like Batman himself. I fell to the floor and so did the raspberries I had in my hand, the troubled breathing lead to some severe lumbago which meant I couldn't move and had to lay straight for a few days."

"In a valium haze, I took a flight back to my loved ones where a strong man cracked my holy spine loose and I was soon able to walk again,"she continued."Little did I know it was my troubled hip joint that was the problem in the first place, so had to go back to a horizontal mode. My body then decided Easter was the perfect time to let a god damn flu blossom out, so I spent the whole Easter praying to God to get better, drinking ginger tea while watching 'Apocalypse Now' wishing nothing more then that I could have been on that stage with you."

Aside from resting her back and witnry pipes, Li's new 'Wounded Rhymes' album is gaining a lot of TV love, as the singer was recently featured on 'Later ... With Jools Holland' and her song 'I Follow Rivers' was covered by the cast of 'Glee.' Here's hoping to a speedy recovery.

Watch Lykke Li's Video for 'Little Bit'


Source

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий